If you’re thinking about Minneapolis swimming pools, one of the most pressing questions on your mind may be if it’s a good investment for your home. Are there specific long-term benefits to getting a swimming pool in Minneapolis? Will it add to your home’s value? In this blog post, we will help you address all these questions and more.
Pools are a great way to make memories with your family and friends. Whether it’s holding a pool party or going for a relaxing swim before bed, you’ll get to create good times with the people you’re closest to.
Can Add Value to Your Home
Pools can add value to your home, but they don’t always do that. It’s sometimes difficult to say exactly how much value it will add to your home.
Here are some common factors that affect whether a pool will add to your home’s value:
- In-ground pool vs. above ground: In-ground pools add more to a home’s value compared to an above ground pool.
- Your neighborhood: If you have a neighborhood where most houses have pools, then not getting a pool will negatively affect your home’s value. Otherwise, it may not have much of an effect.
- Pool maintenance: A dirty, poorly maintained pool will make your home look unattractive to buyers.
- Aesthetics: A pool’s shape and size should complement the aesthetics of your home and your backyard. Ideally, a pool builder’s process should help you visualize how the pool looks before it’s built.
Major Selling Point
Even if a pool doesn’t significantly increase a home’s value, it can still be a major selling point for buyers. If you plan to sell your home in the future, adding an in-ground pool may allow you to do so faster. It could also lead to a bidding war on your home if multiple people are looking for a home with a pool in your local area.
Helps You Cool Off in the Summer
When you’re hot in the summer, you could turn all the fans on and crank up the AC, but an easier and more energy efficient method is taking a dip in the pool. According to the United States Geological Survey, “Specific heat is defined by the amount of heat needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of a substance 1 degree Celsius (°C). Water has a high specific heat, meaning it takes more energy to increase the temperature of water compared to other substances.”
This means that even on a hot day, the temperature of the pool will remain relatively consistent and feel refreshing. Overall, Minneapolis swimming pools are a great way to cool off and have fun at the same time.
How to Decide if Minneapolis Swimming Pools Are Right for You
Are you thinking of getting an in-ground pool but you still aren’t sure? The below factors can help you clarify whether you should get one or not:
- Long-Term Investment Potential: As mentioned, pools won’t always add to your home’s value. If this is an important factor to you, researching marketing conditions or asking a real estate expert may help.
- Maintenance Needs: Before getting a pool, it’s a good idea to consider how much maintenance it’ll need and how that will fit into your schedule. In some cases you can get automatic pool covers or pool cleaning robots to help mitigate the time sink, though.
- Space: If you don’t have much space in your backyard, a pool may make it feel cramped. You may want to opt for a smaller solution like a spa instead.
When in doubt, the best thing to do is consult with a pool building company like Pinnacle. We’ll be able to answer any questions or concerns you have so you can make an informed decision.
Contact Pinnacle Today to Learn More About Minneapolis Swimming Pools
If you’re sold on the idea of getting an in-ground swimming pool, look no further — at Pinnacle, we’re here to help. Our experienced builders can help you to create the pool of your dreams, no matter your reasons for getting one. If you’d like a free estimate or have any more questions about Minneapolis swimming pools, contact us today.